Home     Sitemap      Contact Us
Tourism

History & Architecture

Named for Dr. Joseph Warren, the patriot and soldier who fell at Bunker Hill, Warrenton was incorporated in 1779, and 100 lots and public squares were laid out in that year.  As one of the wealthiest towns in North Carolina from 1840 to 1860, Warrenton benefited from prominent architects Jacob Holt and Albert Gamaliel Jones who designed and built houses in the Federal, Greek Revival and Italianate styles. The National Historic District was established in 1976, compromising nearly half the town and over 50 structures. Walking and driving maps are available locally.

Arrington-Alston House

Fitz-Mordecai-Plummer House

Colonial Lodge

Jones-Cook House

Official Web Site of Town of Warrenton, NC. Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM